State of the Edge and Edge Computing World are accepting nominations for the Third Annual Edge Woman of the Year Award 2021. The award recognizes leaders who have been impacting their organization’s strategy, technology or communications around edge computing, edge software, edge infrastructure or edge systems.
The organizers encourage industry participants to nominate their colleagues and for qualified women to nominate themselves. The “Top Ten Women in Edge” finalists will be selected by the organizers and the final winner will be chosen by a panel of industry judges. Finalists will be announced at Edge Computing World, being hosted October 12-14, 2021.
State of the Edge and Edge Computing World are proud sponsors of the Third Annual Edge Woman of the Year Award, presented to outstanding female and/or non-binary professionals in edge computing for exceptional performance in their roles elevating edge. This award highlights the growing importance of the contributions and accomplishments of women in this innovative industry. Nominations are now being accepted, and can be entered here.
“This annual award continues to recognize the importance of women and non-binary leadership in this technology sector. We enthusiastically celebrate their impact as part of guiding the evolution of edge innovation,” said Candice Digby, Partnerships and Events Manager at Vapor IO. “We are honored to be a committed partner and host to the third annual Edge Woman of the Year award program.”
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
– Career contributions and involvements (ex. industry associations, open-source contributions, etc.)
– Overall involvement in greater technology industry and demonstration of leadership qualities
– Specific contributions to edge computing (team projects and collaborations admissible)
– Contributions and involvement need not be technical; the award may be given to those in functions that include senior leadership, sales, marketing, etc.
The Advisory Board of the 2021 Edge Woman of the Year Award includes:
– Nadine Alameh, CEO, Open Geospatial Consortium
– Michelle Davis, Manager, DoD/IC Specialist SA team, Red Hat
– Maribel Lopez, Founder and Principal Analyst, Lopez Research
– Candice Rodriguez, Co-founder and Business Development Director, Edge IR
– Fay Arjomandi, Founder & CEO, mimik technology inc
“We anticipate another exceptionally strong group of nominees to consider this year, all of whom are iterating on edge computing technology in exceptionally creative ways,” said Gavin Whitechurch of Topio Networks and Edge Computing World. “It will be an honor to recognize this year’s finalists as innovators leading the edge computing revolution across a variety of environments and applications by leveraging their experience in a multitude of domains.”
edge computing | edge computing world | industry awards | leadership | State of the Edge