Megaport Limited recently entered into a distribution agreement with Arrow Electronics, a Fortune 102 value-added distributor. The agreement would make Megaport’s global, private Software Defined Network (SDN) platform available through ArrowSphere to companies looking to modernize their networks and accelerate digital transformation.
“Bringing Megaport’s leading NaaS platform into the Arrow Electronics portfolio makes it easier for customers to modernise their network connectivity and connect quickly to leading cloud service providers,” says Rodney Foreman, Chief Revenue Officer at Megaport. “Arrow’s global scale and reach, combined with their expertise in IT solutions, makes them ideal to expand and deepen our channel relationships.”
By using Megaport, Arrow customers can enjoy the following benefits:
- Improved network performance with reduced jitter and latency.
- Reduced cloud egress costs to cloud on-ramps when compared to internet rates.
- Point-and-click network provisioning to support interconnection between branch locations, data centres, cloud providers, and IT services without any hardware requirements.
- Real-time provisioning of virtual network infrastructure and interconnections.
- Secure, private hybrid cloud and multicloud connections to more than 360 service providers, 700+ enabled data centres, and 230+ cloud interconnect points.
Arrow aggregates the world’s leading technologies and services to enable its global channel ecosystem. Arrow’s cloud management platform, ArrowSphere, removes complexity in the IT buying process by connecting these technologies with thousands of channel partners through an extensive cloud catalog and consumption management capabilities.
With Megaport, businesses can deploy a global, high-availability network in minutes, not months. Megaport’s NaaS platform provides private, scalable, on-demand connectivity to the world’s leading cloud service providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. The company’s solutions enable agile, flexible, high-performance networking for a fraction of the cost of traditional methods.
Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN Platform
Megaport has also announced the availability of the Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN Platform on Megaport Virtual Edge (MVE). Integrating Aruba EdgeConnect with MVE enables branch-to-cloud connectivity via Megaport’s global Software Defined Network (SDN).
Businesses have embraced SD-WAN and internet connections to simplify and lower the cost of IT connectivity. The challenge has been that variability in end-to-end internet connections and latency can impair the performance, availability, and security of key services and resources. This can now be addressed by instantiating virtual Aruba EdgeConnect instances on Megaport’s global platform, thereby extending the SD-WAN fabric to the very edge of Megaport’s SDN. The joint solution reduces the distance data must traverse over internet paths between branch locations or to public or private clouds, reducing latency in the process.
Aruba EdgeConnect customers can now leverage Megaport’s worldwide ecosystem of more than 700 data centres and over 360 service providers, with 230+ cloud on-ramps including Alibaba Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud, and Salesforce. Additional benefits include:
- Reduced cloud egress costs to cloud on-ramps when compared to internet rates;
- Better performance from reduced jitter and latency;
- Global on-ramps for faster, localised connections;
- Point-and-click network provisioning of interconnection between branch locations, data centres, cloud providers, and IT services;
- Real-time provisioning of virtual network infrastructure and interconnections;
- Lower deployment costs since there is no hardware to ship, install, or manage; and
- End-to-end network provisioning, management, and visibility for legacy networks.
MVE is a globally distributed compute and network service, and customers can host Network Function Virtualisation instances on-demand at the point of use, managing them globally from a single pane of glass. A built-in transit gateway provides highly scalable access for connecting networks, via the public internet, to Megaport’s private SDN. Virtualized devices hosted on MVE can create connections between the Megaport SDN and their distributed sites via the transit gateway.
access point | Arrow Electronics | Aruba | branch office | cloud networking | HPE | Megaport | SD-WAN | wireless