The State of the Edge and Edge Computing World this week announced the top ten finalists for the Second Annual Edge Woman of the Year Award. This year’s nominees represent industry leaders in roles that are impacting the direction of their organization’s strategy, technology or communications around edge computing, edge software, edge infrastructure or edge systems.
The “Top Ten Women in Edge” finalists are selected from nominations and submissions submitted by experts in edge from around the world. The winner will be chosen by a panel of industry judges, including last year’s Edge Woman of the Year Farah Papaioannou. This year’s winner will be announced during this year’s virtual Edge Computing World in October.
The Edge Woman of the Year Award represents a long-term industry commitment to highlight the growing importance of the contributions and accomplishments made by women in edge computing.
The annual Edge Woman of the Year Award is presented to outstanding female and non-binary professionals in edge computing for outstanding performance in their roles elevating Edge. The 2020 award committee selected the following 10 finalists for their excellent work in the named categories:
• Leadership in Edge Startups – Kathy Do, VP, Finance and Operations at MemVerge
• Leadership in Edge Open Source Contributions – Malini Bhandaru, Open Source Lead for IoT & Edge at VMware
• Leadership in Edge at a Large Organization – Jenn Didoni, Head of Cloud Portfolio at Vodafone Group Business
• Leadership in Edge Security – Ramya Ravichandar, VP of Product Management at FogHorn
• Leadership in Edge Innovation and Research – Kathleen Kallot, Director, AI Ecosystem at arm
• Leadership in Edge Industry and Technology – Fay Arjomandi, Founder, President at mimik technology, Inc.
• Leadership in Edge Best Practices – Nurit Sprecher, Head of Management & Virtualization Standards, Nokia
• Leadership in Edge Infrastructure – Meredith Schuler, Financial & Strategic Operations Manager
• Overall Edge Industry Leadership – Nancy Shemwell, Chief Operating Officer at Trilogy Networks, Inc.
• Leadership in Executing Edge Strategy – Angie McMillin, Vice President and General Manager, IT Systems, Vertiv
“The edge computing industry in 2020 continues to grow rapidly. Once again, we had an impressive group of nominees representing a broad cross-section of the many women leaders in edge,” said Candice Digby, a representative of State of the Edge and co-founder of the award. “The Edge Woman of the Year award highlights the impact these women continue to make across the industry and we hope to draw attention to their advancements and encourage more women to pursue careers in edge.”
awards | edge computing world | LF Edge | State of the Edge | trade shows